Welcome

I created this blog to share my thoughts, experiences, dreams/goals, and random things in my life.
This is a place where everyone is welcome.a place to sleeplessly dream!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Countdown

    Well I recently wrote a book. I spent a lot of time during the school year writing this book when I was supposed to be focusing on school and I spent nearly my whole summer trying to finish what I started. Finally after several all nighters I finished my first fictional book. I never expected what started as a short story  with only a few paragraphs to turn into a small novel. After countless amounts of hours,days,weeks,and months trying to find a publisher, printer, or any one who was willing to give me a shot as a writer I took a leap of faith. On December 29, 2010 I submitted my book to a publishing company. I was told I would have a decision back from them in 30 days. I'm only on day number 4 and I feel like I've been waiting a life time. Writing a book appears easy but there are so many more steps to writing a book than actually writing it. My biggest dream and goal is to become a distinguish author. I am losing my mind trying to count down the days until I hear a decision from the publishing company. I've never wanted something so badly that I could taste it. I will be crushed if they don't want to publish my work but I won't stop I will continue to send my manuscript out until someone is willing to give me a chance as a writer. In closing I want to say when you want something go after it. Never let any one tell you what you can or can't do, be in charge of your own dreams and success.


"Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe." 
Gail Devers.  





No comments:

Post a Comment