Welcome

I created this blog to share my thoughts, experiences, dreams/goals, and random things in my life.
This is a place where everyone is welcome.a place to sleeplessly dream!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just trying to pass time

    Today marks day SEVEN, one full week out of FOUR WEEKS of waiting for a response from this publishing company. Every since I submitted my manuscript I have been driving myself crazy. At night I stay awake looking at the ceiling imagining myself as a published author, I can picture my book on the shelves at Borders and several other book stores around the country. I want this so bad I think I'm making myself sick. Every time my phone rings I hope its my publisher with good news, I must check my emails every 20 minutes. Apart of me knows that this particular publishing company won't want to publish my book but another part of me is yelling congratulations your getting a book deal!! I've wanted to write a book for so long and now that I've finally done it,I'm on edge.

   I really need to find a hobby before I lose my fucking mind. Maybe I can pick up knitting or baking? I'm like a little kid waiting for Santa to come. It's like I gave myself an adrenaline shot that I can't seem to come down off of. I pray to God that I get published because if I don't I will  be back at square one and I don't think I will react very well to that. I'm so anxious I can't even focus on writing and I can't even write an interesting blog. I just need a yes or no before I end up in a crazy house biting myself and bouncing off walks, just kidding. I have to learn how to control my excitement or something because this waiting by the phone and having my lap top strapped to my hip isn't cool.


Until next time readers I will leave you with this quote.

"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only  as deep as I look can I see,only as much as I dream can I be."   Karen Ravn









No comments:

Post a Comment